Potos is located at the south-western side of Thasos island. It is an old fishermen village and also the port of the village Theologos, the oldest and most historical capital of the island.
Driving from Limenas and Prinos towards the south, Potos it is the last organized settling, which you will meet before the almost desert but full with picturesque little bays south coast. The good road net offer you an ease access to the south coast, and so Potos becomes the ideal starting place for your rushings out.
It is consindered as the meeting-place of the young people from Greece and from the whole Europe as well, who come here every year, making Potos the gathering-place of the youth of the island.
The village Potos, based on this advantage but also having its magnificent beach with the wonderful sunsets, with the sun disappearing into the sea and behind the picks of the Athos mountain, has been touristic developed and today it can offer you any kind of service you will ask for.
• Hotels of every class
• Rooms to let in very competitive prices
• Restaurants and taverns with tasty meals
• Rent-a-Car and Rent-a-Bicycle offices with low prices
• The best market on island
• Sea sports
• A chain of cafes and bars on the beach road with view at the Athos mountain and at the sea
• Still, fishing, swimming, walks, without any need of every-day using of your car.